Welcome to BEEF Education
The Montana CattleWomen offer a variety of educational learning experiences and activities for a range of ages/classes FREE for you as a teacher or a CattleWomen member to use. We are proud to offer lessons and resources about Agriculture, the BEEF world, its lifestyles and becoming a better consumer by learning to purchase and prepare beef.
Our educational programs are funded by the Montana Beef Checkoff and local organization fundraisers.
Some of the materials are available for downloading and some of the programs may be taught by a presenter in your classroom. Please contact, Suze Bohlen at firstname.lastname@example.org, and she will assist you in acquiring the necessary materials and a presenter, if one is in your area.
- The Perfect Cheeseburger Program is designed for 3rd and 4th graders. It engages students and asks them to participate in building a fun, pillow “Perfect Cheeseburger”. Kids learn about beef breeds, My Plate, and neighbors that raise healthy animals for beef.
- Other toolkits are available at ANCW.org
Middle School/ Junior High School/High School/ ProStart
- American Farm Bureau Federation – Food & Ag Resource Guide offers a list of the top recommended resources for each age group aligned to the Pillars of Agricultural Literacy. The newest resource is “True Beef Pasture to Plate” with eight chapters/lessons for FCS and AG classes and three chapters/lessons for Advanced and Pro Start Classes. It supports learning for David Barrow and Pflugerville ISD’s documentary of the same name. It can be downloaded or purchased from the Foundation.
- Arizona Beef Council
- Pennsylvania Beef Council – They offer a Beef and Veal program for the classroom. There is also a link to lesson plans for the movie “Farmland”. ***NEW: A Toolkit for FCS classes, to complement “True BEEF: From Pasture to Plate”. Check it out!!
- Iowa BEEF Council On their web site they offer great resources in the Family and Consumer Science Educators pages. Some of the lessons are great with the “Basics About Beef” book. On the website, there are two lab-based ground beef experiments that incorporate the FCS National Standards and utilize inquiry based lab methods.
BEEF EDUCATION PACKET [PDF]
Other online resources:
Contact me if you have any questions! – Suze Bohlen, Montana CattleWomen Beef Chairperson, PO Box 387 Wilsall, MT 59086, (406)578-2369; Email: email@example.com.