Welcome to BEEF Education
The Montana CattleWomen offer a variety of educational learning experiences and activities for a range of ages/classes FREE for you as a teacher or a CattleWomen member to use. We are proud to offer lessons and resources about Agriculture, the BEEF world its lifestyles and becoming a better consumer by learning to purchase BEEF and prepare it. Our educational programs are funded by the Montana Beef Checkoff that is paid for by Montana Ranchers and Farmers. Some of the materials are available for downloading and some of the programs may be taught by a presenter in your classroom. Please contact Suze Bohlen at firstname.lastname@example.org, and she will assist you in acquiring the necessary materials and a presenter, if one is in your area.
- Beef Cattle an A to Z Book: There are lesson plans and activity sheets available for this book that match the Common Core requirements for each grade.
- The Perfect Cheeseburger: Montana CattleWomen will come to your classroom or the school and present this program that talks about BEEF’s place in “My Plate”: Cowboys and Cowgirls; their lifestyle, dress, equipment and jobs; BEEF breeds is an example of information included. These materials are paid for with funds from the BEEF Checkoff.
- Other toolkits are available at ANCW.org, click on the Projects tab; then Booklists, etc.
- Beef Cattle in the Story of Agriculture: There are lesson plans and activity sheets available for this book that match the Common Core requirements for each grade.
- WOW THAT COW: A program about BEEF By-Products that is fun and informative. It explains that about 35% of the animal is not meat. Classroom activities, games and fun activities for students to try at home
Montana Family and Consumer Science and/or FFA Teachers
- (Coming Soon!)
Middle School/ Junior High School/High School/ ProStart
- Food Safety: Your Game Plan for Food Safety, Teacher’s Activity and Experiment Guide, fightbac.org
- Packaging and Labeling: Spot the Block Campaign, Activities and information, fca.gov/Food/IndgredientsPackagingLabeling/LabelingNurtrition.
- Montana BEEF Ed. 7-12: Lessons, lectures, demonstrations and materials are available, please contact the BEEF Ed Chairman. Attached are the materials you need to get started; the Annual Cover letter that explains your program, a material order form, purchase order form and instructions if you are interested in participating.
Other online resources:
Contact me if you have any questions! – Suze Bohlen, Montana CattleWomen Beef Chairperson, PO Box 387 Wilsall, MT 59086, (406)578-2369; Email: email@example.com